Toll Free: (800) 255-7549
Our 4 Core Services
Information and Referral
Providing basic information and linking to appropriate community services.
Independent Living Skills Training
Training and assistance in a variety of life skills areas including, but not limited to, computer training, personal management, budget/money management and job readiness.
Training and assistance in knowing and pursuing your rights as an individual with a disability.
An opportunity to interact with others who share similar experiences.
Sails staff assist people with move out of nursing homes and other institutional settings utilizing Arkansas’ Money Follows The Person Program.
Transition services include:
- Assessment to determine level of community support
- Assistance with eligibility for in home services
- Transition and assistance obtaining household furnishings and set up to begin community living
- Monthly Intense Transition Management
SAILS supports accessible, affordable, integrated housing for all.
- One of the most challenging barriers encountered by people with disabilities is finding
housing that is accessible, affordable and integrated. This barrier forces many people into
institutions, or to live in unsafe or substandard housing, live in desperation with family
members or pay extremely high rents and suffer financially.
- SAILS has a Community Housing Project that may provide rental assistance for
individuals transitioning out of a nursing home or other institutional setting, or for those
who are at risk of entering institution alizarin.
- This rental assistance is limited and is designed to serve as a "bridge" to permanent housing assistance through programs like Section 8.
SAILS CSM SERVICES
SAILS is a Medicaid provider for case management services for the Alternatives for Adults with Physical Disabilities (AAPD) waiver. These services include:
- Assistance with finding and managing personal assistants
- Connection to other community resources that may be available
- Assistance obtaining needed modifications to your home and vehicle
- Continual support to ensure successful community living